We hear every day that whole foods are the best fuel. But what about those days, weeks, or months when you can’t always cook from scratch? With busy athletes in mind, Runner’s World compiled its first-ever list on the top packaged foods for runners. Heather Mayer Irvine, Runner’s World’s food and nutrition editor, talked to us about how the magazine came up with the list, recipes you can make from its items, and her own approach to food as a runner.
Check out the list, the recipes and more in the April Issue of Runner’s World on stands March 7th!
Find Runner’s World:
And, if you’re eager to preview the goodies on the Runner’s World list, then here’s two recipes to get you started.
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quick Cooking Steel Cut Oats
- Wyman’s of Maine Frozen Triple Berry Blend
- Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds
- Organic Valley Reduced Fat 2% Milk
- Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Cucmber Dill Dressing
- Biena Sea Salt Chickpea Snacks
- Peppadew Piquante Peppers
- Wild Planet Wild Sockeye Salmon
- Organic Girl Super Greens